Full Time After Extra Time This is a live match. Extra Time Half Time

Manchester United vs Portsmouth. The FA Cup Quarter-Final.

Old TraffordAttendance75,463.

Pompey spring United shock

Image: Muntari: Scored penalty

Portsmouth won at Old Trafford for the first time in 50 years to progress into the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

Muntari penalty sinks Red Devils

Portsmouth won at Old Trafford for the first time in 50 years to progress into the semi-finals of the FA Cup. The South Coast side won 1-0 thanks to stout defending and winning a penalty, when Milan Baros was brought down by substitute keeper Tomasz Kuszczak, who was sent-off. Sulley Muntari converted the spot-kick in the 78th minute, hitting the left-hand corner past stand-in keeper Rio Ferdinand. United will wonder how they lost this game after hitting the post through Patrice Evra and having Carlos Tevez and Michael Carrick efforts cleared off the line, while they also had a clear-cut penalty rejected when Cristiano Ronaldo was brought down by Sylvain Distin.

United dominant

United dominated possession and almost went ahead in the fifth minute when Paul Scholes got on the end of a free-kick from Nani only to head wide at the near post. Ronaldo thought he had won a penalty a minute later when he was bundled over by Distin, but referee Martin Atkinson allowed play to continue. The visitors broke out of their slumber six minutes later, and Niko Kranjcar tested goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar from distance. United almost took the lead in the 19th minute when Tevez got clear, after Wayne Rooney latched on to a pass from Wes Brown. But the Argentinian striker saw his effort superbly cleared off the line by Glen Johnson. United kept up the pressure, and Scholes turned quickly in the 28th minute but saw his effort blocked by Portsmouth captain Sol Campbell. Tevez worked an opening for himself four minutes later and fired in a shot that David James did well to parry. Nani tried to pick out Rooney, but Distin was alert to the danger and made a timely interception in the 41st minute. Distin again stood tall in the 44th minute to head the ball to safety following a fine cross from Patrice Evra.
Missed chances
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson made a surprise switch at half-time, with Kuszczak replacing van der Sar between the posts. There was a scare for Portsmouth in the 49th minute when James flapped at a cross from Tevez. But he recovered in time to prevent Nani getting in a shot. Nani was coming more into the game and sent a powerful effort into the goalkeeper's body two minutes later, after being released by Rooney. With Kanu out of luck, Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp replaced him with Baros after 55 minutes. United almost went in front three minutes later when Nemanja Vidic powered in a header from Nani's corner. But Tevez made an accidental block, and Ronaldo fired his effort wide after the ball had been only partially cleared. Substitute Carrick should have put United ahead in the 69th minute when he got away from James - but just as he was about to score, Distin made a vital block.
Baros breakthrough
United came within inches of taking the lead in the 73rd minute when Evra's shot came back off the post. A minute later, Campbell headed away a cross from Nani as Portsmouth again found themselves on the back foot. But the game took a dramatic turn in the 78th minute when Portsmouth were awarded a penalty after Kuszczak tripped Baros, who had been released by Kranjcar. The Polish goalkeeper was sent off, and Ferdinand therefore had to take his place between the posts. But the defender was given no chance with Muntari's cool spot-kick, which saw Portsmouth secure an unlikely victory.

Around Sky