Manchester United vs Tottenham preview: Jose Mourinho back at Old Trafford
Watch free match highlights after full-time on Sky Sports website and app; Sign up for midweek goal alerts with Football Score Centre
Last Updated: 03/12/19 4:36pm
Team news, stats and prediction ahead of Man Utd vs Tottenham in the Premier League on Wednesday.
Scott McTominay and Nemanja Matic are "touch and go" for Manchester United's clash with Tottenham - a match Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has ruled Paul Pogba out of.
McTominay has missed three games with an ankle complaint, while fellow midfielder Matic has not played for two months with an unspecified issue.
Pogba remains out as he recovers from an ankle injury, while Eric Bailly, Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Diogo Dalot continue to build fitness after injury.
Tottenham have no fresh injury concerns for Jose Mourinho's return to Old Trafford.
Spurs are still without Erik Lamela (hamstring), Ben Davies (ankle) and Michel Vorm (calf). Hugo Lloris (elbow) is a long-term absentee and is not expected to be fit until 2020.
How to follow
Follow the action with our dedicated live blog. Highlights of the game will be published shortly after full-time on the Sky Sports website and app plus the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel.
- Man Utd have lost three of their last seven home league against Spurs (W4), including this exact fixture 0-3 last season. They'd only lost two of their previous 36 at home against them in the top-flight (W27 D7).
- Tottenham have lost more Premier League games against Man Utd than they have vs any other side in the competition (34).
- Manchester United have picked up just 18 points from their opening 14 Premier League matches this season (W4 D6 L4), their worst start to a league season since the 1988-89 campaign, when they also had 18 points and went on to finish 11th.
- Since keeping three consecutive Premier League clean sheets in February, Manchester United have only kept two in their last 25 games in the competition (36 goals conceded)
- Jose Mourinho could become the first Tottenham manager to win their first three top-flight games in charge of the club.
- Both Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur have dropped 12 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season - only Aston Villa have dropped more (13).
- Tottenham's Dele Alli has been directly involved in three goals in his last two Premier League games (2 goals, 1 assist), as many as he had in his final 12 appearances under Mauricio Pochettino.
Soccer Special is going to be an excellent show on Wednesday with six games on for all six of us to watch over.
We are all looking forward to it and Wednesday. This is the reason why because this is a stunning game. We have Jose Mourinho's return to Manchester United to look forward to.
Will Jose get stick? They didn't dislike him at Old Trafford. They may not have liked his style and knew deep down that the players went about his ideas the wrong way, mainly Paul Pogba. He had problems with Luke Shaw but Jose has always been honest and up front. He did win trophies and got them a Champions League spot so he will not get bombarded.
I might be wrong but we have a Tottenham team that are three weeks ago would have gone with their heads down - a draw will have delighted them and left them relatively pleased, but Man Utd are there for the taking if Tottenham want it.
It is strange how things come up. Tottenham are the favourites at Old Trafford. They do not get results against the big teams, but United nowhere near at the moment. I think United will be upbeat for this one as if they have a point to prove, so it will be interesting. Jose will fancy the job though.
The Premier League action keeps coming - make sure you don't miss a thing by signing up for goal alerts with the Sky Sports Score Centre app.
This season, you also can watch Premier League match highlights for free - without being a Sky Sports subscriber. You'll find highlights from every Premier League game - from 5.15pm on a Saturday or shortly after full-time on other days - in the Score Centre, as well as on the Sky Sports website and app plus the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel.
You can follow dedicated live blogs of every Premier League game on the Sky Sports website and app and track goals as they go in with our vidiprinter page.