Arturo Vidal has told the Italian press that he will not be going to Manchester United this summer, but admits he still does not know if he will be staying at Juventus and is waiting to hold talks over his future on Monday.
There has been intense speculation that the midfielder could be on the move since before the transfer window opened, but he has repeatedly played down the reports.
He kept his focus on Chile at the World Cup and is still enjoying a break before reporting back to Juve, where he has been a key player for the past three years.
The 27-year-old will speak to new boss Massimiliano Allegri at the start of next week and admits his future is uncertain, but appears to have ruled out a switch to Old Trafford.
Speaking to Sky Sports Italia, Vidal insisted that he was still enjoying life in Turin and urged fans not to worry.
I’m happy here. I’m calm. I believe Juve fans can be too. I still haven't spoken to Allegri or my team-mates.
Vidal, who is under contract until 2017, said: "I'm still on holiday at the moment. Can I say I'm staying at Juve? I don't know. On Monday I'll talk to Allegri then we'll see.
"I'm happy here. I'm calm. I believe Juve fans can be too. I still haven't spoken to Allegri or my team-mates."
Asked if he was going to Manchester United, he added: "No, no."
A number of clubs have been linked with Vidal this summer but United were reportedly leading the chase and they are prepared to spend heavily if necessary.
Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward stated earlier this week: "The reality is that we're not afraid of spending significant amounts of money in the transfer market.
"Whether it's a record or not doesn't really resonate with us. What resonates is a top, top elite player that the manager wants that is going to be a star for Manchester United."