Fenerbahce have called for the suspension of the Turkish championship following the gun attack on their team bus on Saturday.
The Turkish Super Lig side’s bus came under armed attack as it drove to the airport following the team's 5-1 league victory over Black Sea side Caykur Rizespor.
No players were hurt in the attack, but the driver was wounded and taken to hospital where he is reportedly in a stable condition.
"We consider that as long as this attack is not solved in a way that satisfies Fenerbahce and public opinion, a suspension of the championship is inevitable," the club said in a statement on its website.
"Blood ran and football was silenced. Finding and punishing the culprits is of vital importance for Fenerbahce."
It was "a cowardly and inhuman" attack," Turkish Sports Minister Cagatay Kilic said.
The Turkish Football Federation issued a statement condemning the incident "in the strongest possible terms", calling for the perpetrators to be brought to justice "immediately".
Following the incident, Fenerbahce midfielder Mehmet Topal told Sky News: "We cheated death. God protect us. I hope our driver will be all right. Words fail me. It's unbelievable."
Turkish media reacted with shock to the shooting, with the daily Hurriyet newspaper describing the incident as a "black mark for Turkish football."
Trabzon governor Abdil Celil Oz told television station 360: "At first we thought stones had been thrown at the bus but police investigators at the scene have concluded it was an armed attack."
The governor also said he had received a phone call from Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a supporter of the Istanbul club, asking him about the investigation into the shooting.