Ganso poised for Santos exit
Reported Premier League target Ganso appears likely to be on the move after Santos' vice-president confirmed they will not try to keep him.
By Paulo Freitas
Last Updated: 14/07/12 12:14pm
Reported Premier League target Ganso appears likely to be on the move this summer after the vice-president of his current club Santos confirmed they will not try to keep the wantaway midfielder.
Delcir Sonda, the owner of the group which holds 55 per cent of Ganso's market value, claimed last week the Brazil starlet will not play for Santos again due to him being unhappy with life at the club.
Santos' vice-president, Odilio Rodrigues, has confirmed the highly-rated 22-year-old does not want to play for the Brazilian outfit anymore and says they will not block a potential move away.
The club's admission is sure to put Premier League sides on alert, with Manchester United and Chelsea thought to be targeting the midfielder's signature.
Rodrigues told Lancenet: "Ganso doesn't want to play for Santos anymore. We learned that from the club's president Luis Alvaro last Thursday.
"Ganso has lost his interest in Santos so we won't try to keep him anymore.
"However, we won't give up his buyout fee. Since Delcir Sonda and Ganso are interested (in a move) negotiations are open but the buyout fee has to be paid."
Ganso has been linked with a host of clubs across Europe, with AC Milan also thought to be interested.
However, reports suggest a move to Brazilian club Internacional is the most feasible option for the midfielder as he does not want to risk his spot in the national squad ahead of the 2014 World Cup.