Monday 23 May 2016 16:09, UK
Mario Gotze has insisted he is committed to impressing incoming Bayern Munich manager Carlo Ancelotti, which appears to rule out a move to Liverpool.
Sky sources revealed in March that Liverpool were interested in a summer move for the Bayern playmaker, with Jurgen Klopp reportedly making him his No 1 summer transfer target.
Gotze has plummeted down the Bayern pecking order under Pep Guardiola's reign as manager, with the Spaniard opting to leave the midfielder on the bench for big games, including the Bundesliga club's crucial Champions League semi-final ties with Atletico Madrid last month.
But, speaking to Bild, the Germany international insisted he was relishing the chance of a fresh start under Ancelotti, who is due to take charge of Bayern in the coming weeks.
"I look forward to the new season in Munich and will do everything possible to be in top shape for my first training session under Carlo Ancelotti," he said.
The 23-year-old, who has a year left on his contract, had also been linked with a move to Juventus, as well as a return to former club Borussia Dortmund.
Meanwhile, it has been revealed that Gotze has parted ways with his agent Volker Struth at SportsTotal after their relationship was made difficult due to Struth's criticism of Bayern last year.
A SportsTotal statement said: "After extensive deliberations and discussions in the past few weeks, we have come together to decide that we will terminate the cooperation.
"Therefore we met for a joint discussion and parted by mutual consent. I thank him for his many years of trust and wish him well for the future."
Gotze has spent six years under SportsTotal's care and thanked them for their service.
He added: "I thank SportsTotal for a very good cooperation with many highlights and great memories that have shaped my career decisively."