Adam Johnson biography
Last Updated: 02/03/15 5:44pm
Born: Sunderland, July 14, 1987 (27 years old)
- Johnson was part of Middlesbrough’s 2003/04 FA Youth Cup-winning side
- He made his senior debut for the club at the age of 17 in a UEFA Cup defeat to Sporting Lisbon in 2005.
- His first Premier League appearance came in a 2-1 home win over Arsenal in September 2005.
- Johnson had short loan spells at Leeds and Watford in the following two seasons.
- The midfielder was a key part of Middlesbrough’s 2009/10 Championship campaign, in which they narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League.
- Following his good performances for Boro, Johnson completed a £7m move to Manchester City in February 2010.
- Johnson won the Premier League, FA Cup and Community Shield during three seasons at the Etihad, where he made 97 appearances.
- Johnson made his full England debut against Hungary in 2010.
- Johnson has 12 England caps and has scored two goals for his country.
- In August 2012, Johnson completed a £10m move to Sunderland.
- Johnson has made 105 appearances for Sunderland in all competitions, scoring 20 goals, including the winner in this season’s Tyne-Wear derby.