Nathaniel Clyne says he has not yet decided whether he will sign a new contract at Southampton.
Clyne was offered fresh terms late last year and has been in negotiations via his representatives ever since, while recent reports have linked him with a possible move to Manchester United.
Live Ford Super Sunday
Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has insisted he is relaxed about the 23-year-old's future, but stated last week that he would like to know by April if the player is going to sign the deal.
And Clyne said: "We will wait until April. I'm still negotiating my contract with my agent and the club."
Clyne, whose current contract expires in summer 2016, has been in superb form for the Saints this season, making 26 appearances in all competitions and winning his first two caps for England in November.
Koeman's side have become genuine contenders to finish in the Champions League places this season and Clyne is optimistic they can continue their season in the same vein.
"We have got a good side. We know that we can continue the good run of league form that we're in," he said.
"We had some tough away games but we got the wins, so we're going to start again next game against Swansea."