Harry Redknapp insists he will continue to spearhead QPR’s January recruitment drive – particularly as he wants to play his usual role in Sky Sports News HQ’s famed Deadline Day coverage.
Redknapp remains defiant despite persistent rumours he faces the sack.
The Rangers boss has targeted another forward, claiming "I've only got two strikers" despite adding Mauro Zarate on loan to front men Bobby Zamora, Charlie Austin and Eduardo Vargas.
Redknapp once more laughed off rumours he would be sacked in the wake of Saturday's 2-0 home defeat to Manchester United that left Rangers 19th in the Premier League.
The former Tottenham manager believes QPR chairman Tony Fernandes has paid no attention to an apparent club insider Redknapp claimed was undermining his job.
"What would happen to Sky if I'm not here on transfer window day?" Redknapp said of his own future and his ease with Deadline Day interviews, usually conducted through his car window.
"I spoke to Tony on Friday: We are looking for a loan, we need a striker. I've got Bobby (Zamora) and I've got Charlie (Austin), I've only got two strikers.
"Bobby can't last 90 minutes, he's fantastic Bobby Zamora, without Bobby none of us would probably be here now.
"What he did last year was incredible for the club, and he's a legend for the rest of his life isn't he here.
"But I need another striker; I need another front man really."
Redknapp slammed rumoured board unrest, conceding he was battling rumours of the sack for the first time in his career.
"I've never had it before, never ever," said Redknapp."I never had it at Tottenham, no one ever mentioned me getting the sack at Tottenham.
"So someone's written in the paper an insider, why don't they put his name in there?
"Everyone believes this insider has given them good information, but it's a lot of nonsense isn't it really? But you've got to put up with it.
"I'm not going to lose any sleep over anything. I'm not a 34-year-old manager trying to make my way in the game, I've been around a long time.
"I love what I do, I want to continue doing it, I work hard at my job, but if Tony decides he wants to make a change that's up to him. But he's not said anything to me.
"I spoke to him (Fernandes) five or six times this week, I spoke to him on Friday, he said 'what a load of rubbish'."
Redknapp admitted QPR transfer business pales into insignificance for Fernandes compared with the Air Asia chief executive's task overseeing the recovery of the Airbus that crashed into the Java Sea on December 28.
"It must be very difficult for him, mustn't it?" said Redknapp. "I can't drive him mad with it (QPR transfer business) at the moment. Far more important things have happened than football."