Barcelona defender Jordi Alba has weighed into the guard of honour debate by claiming they would give one to Real Madrid if they had won La Liga.
Barca were crowned champions for the third time in the last four years after beating Deportivo 4-2 on Sunday.
It has been tradition in La Liga for the winners to get a guard of honour from their opponents before matches, but Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane has said his side will not provide one in El Clasico next Sunday, live on Sky Sports.
Zidane suggested the reason is because Barca did not provide a guard of honour after their rivals won the Club World Cup in December.
But Alba said: "In our case, Barca would do the guard of honour.
"The Club World Cup was a competition we didn't play in. At the Bernabeu, in the league, we have previously performed a guard of honour.
"If they don't want to give us a guard of honour it will be because it comes from upstairs."
Lionel Messi scored a hat-trick to help Barca overcome Deportivo and secure the double.
"It has only been done eight times in Barcelona's history and we have to be very happy," said Alba.
Live La Liga Football
"Everyone would have taken it, although we know that in the Champions League we were knocked out badly. The double has been won eight times and the club was founded ages ago."
Alba also defended head coach Ernesto Valverde from the criticism he received after the shock Champions League quarter-final defeat to Roma.
"It's a disgrace (the criticism) and the players need to stand up and admit that we all make mistakes. Valverde deserves this more than anyone. He has managed the dressing room perfectly," he said.
"The Roma defeat annoyed us a lot but we've had a very good season, we have won the double. Roma was a difficult moment, but it should not erase what we have achieved in the last week."