Monday 15 June 2015 12:59, UK
FC Porto forward Jackson Martinez will make a decision regarding his future in the coming days, the player has revealed.
The Colombia international, who is currently on international duty at the Copa America, has been linked with a move away from the Estadio do Dragao this summer, with Premier League clubs Arsenal and Liverpool reportedly keen to acquire the highly-rated striker.
AC Milan confirmed their interest in the 28-year-old last week and reports in the Italian press claim Martinez is on the verge of completing a switch to the San Siro.
But Martinez has moved to dispel such suggestions, insisting he has not made his mind up yet.
"I'm as close to Milan as I am to other clubs," he told Portuguese newspaper A Bola.
"I will decide my future in the next few days."
Martinez, who scored 21 goals in 29 league appearances last season, joined Porto from Mexican side Chiapas in 2012 and is under contract with the Portuguese runners-up for another two seasons.
His agent, Luis Henrique Pompeo, reiterated his client’s thoughts, claiming Martinez’s future was yet to be decided.
“There is nothing decided yet,” he told Record.
“The only person who will speak in this period is me. Jackson is not on the sofa having a holiday.
“He is concentrated on Colombia. This is his absolute priority at the moment.”