Full Time After Extra Time This is a live match. Extra Time Half Time

Swansea City vs Bournemouth. Sky Bet Championship.

The Liberty Stadium.

Swansea 0-0 Bournemouth: Goalless at the Liberty as Cherries go top

Report and highlights from the Sky Bet Championship clash between Swansea and Bournemouth at the Liberty Stadium as the two sides played out a goalless draw that sent the Cherries top of the table on Tuesday night

preview image 1:56
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Swansea City and Bournemouth

Bournemouth moved top of the Championship table for 24 hours at least after a goalless draw against fellow high-fliers Swansea at the Liberty Stadium.

The visitors hit the top on goal difference after making up the one-point difference to previous leaders Norwich, who host Nottingham Forest on Wednesday night.

Swansea came into the game with the best defensive record in the Championship, but manager Steve Cooper had to deal with a mini-crisis with both Ryan Bennett and Marc Guehi both ruled out with injury.

It meant the home boss had to give Joel Latibeaudiere his first start and get Wales international Ben Cabango to police the dangerous Dominic Solanke.

Image: Swansea and Bournemouth played out a goalless draw on Tuesday night

Bournemouth manager Jason Tindall was pleased to have Junior Stanislas back in action as the only change from his side that won 4-0 at Barnsley last weekend.

The Cherries pressed hard from the start and kept possession for the opening two-and-a-half minutes of the match. Their early pressure saw Lewis Cook set-up Stanislas for the first shot of the night.

Swansea took their time to build into the game and seemed happy to sit back and rely on a defensive system that had already delivered eight clean sheets in 16 games.

Also See:

Freddy Woodman was certainly the busier of the two goalkeepers in the first half, but there were not too many nervous moments for him in the home goal.

Korey Smith picked up a yellow card in the 10th minute for a late change on David Brooks and moments later the Wales international sent Solanke racing in on the Swansea goal, but his left-footed shot went high over the crossbar from a good position.

Brooks was then almost gifted a goal by Woodman when he miscued a pass out of defence. Brooks picked it up, drove into the box and forced the home goalkeeper into a vital one-on-one save.

Swansea's best chance of the half came when Jamal Lowe raced 30 metres from half-way before firing in a shot that forced Asmir Begovic to go down low to save.

Bournemouth, the second-highest scorers in the league, started the second half as they had begun the first with sustained attack and Stanislas had a golden chance to break the deadlock with a volley from just behind the penalty spot.

He swung his boot and missed the target by a considerable distance.

Swansea were better on the break in the second half and managed to release Yan Dhanda down the right. He skipped past Diego Rico and drove into the box, but his fierce shot hit the side-netting.

Rico picked up a yellow card for interfering with Dhanda before his shot and will now miss the next game as a result.

Philip Billing also followed him in the referee's notebook for pulling back Dhanda.

Bournemouth thought they should have had a penalty when Brooks went down after cutting inside Latibeaudiere in the 71st minute, but the referee waved play on after taking a long, hard look.

What the managers said...

Swansea's Steve Cooper: "I'm not disappointed, I think it was a tough game and I thought it was a fair result. We would have liked to have had more of the ball than we did, and I think we could have been a bit better with it for sure. We turned the ball over at times too much.

"But you have to respect, they have as strong a squad as anybody in the league, they've had a day extra of rest, which is critical in the schedule that we're in. In the end, I thought it was a good effort from the boys to get what was a fair result."

Bournemouth's Jason Tindall: "I'm very frustrated, our performance deserved three points. I felt we were in total control for 90 minutes and dominated the game. We created opportunities that we would have taken on another night. I'm pleased with the team's performance but frustrated with not winning the game.

"I'm not sure the pitch had an impact on the game but it's not in brilliant condition either. It's not what you expect at a club like this but it is what it is and you get on with it. We have to dust ourselves down now and get ready for the weekend."

Win £250,000 for free on Tuesday!

Win £250,000 for free on Tuesday!

Do not miss your chance to land the £250,000 in Tuesday's Super 6 round. Play for free, entries by 3:00pm.

Around Sky