Euro Paper Talk: Zinedine Zidane wants Eden Hazard at Real Madrid
By Tom Bodell, Football Whispers
Last Updated: 30/03/18 11:50am
It’s set to be a busy summer for Real Madrid as they attempt to close the gap on rivals Barcelona and that will mean a Galactico signing is in order to make up the lost ground, as well as moving on a number of fringe players.
Our friends at Football Whispers have scoured the continental press to bring you the best of the European transfer rumours.
After last summer's policy of recruiting young stars backfired spectacularly, Real Madrid will return to the tried-and-tested Galactico method. Zinedine Zidane has demanded Chelsea forward Eden Hazard is a Real Madrid transfer target this summer and will remain in his post if president Florentino Perez delivers the Belgian. (Don Balon)
Real Madrid's planning for next season goes beyond Galactico additions with the future of six young stars under threat. Achraf Hakimi, Jesus Vallejo, Theo Hernandez, Marcos Llorente, Dani Ceballos and Borja Mayoral, all of whom are under 24, were signed or brought back to the Bernabeu last summer to supplement Zidane's first-team squad. But it has been a miserable season and there are doubts as to whether those players are good enough to command a spot in Real's squad next season. (Marca)
Another player who looks set to leave Real is Isco. The Spanish playmaker has grown frustrated at his lack of minutes this season and has emerged as a Manchester City transfer target. According to reports, Cristiano Ronaldo is 'convinced' Isco will leave the Bernabeu with the Etihad Stadium his destination. Pep Guardiola would build his side around the 25-year-old who scored his first hat-trick for Spain in Tuesday's 6-1 friendly rout of Argentina. (Don Balon)
Barcelona are in the market for centre-back reinforcements this summer, now more than ever with Samuel Umtiti a Manchester United transfer target. Barca are keen on Toulouse's Issa Diop who they have followed the Frenchman for several years and are understood to have already made contact with the defender. (Sport)
Former Chelsea transfer target Radja Nainggolan has revealed he stayed loyal to Roma as "it's not all about the money". The Belgian has rejected lucrative moves to China in the last year, as well as Internazionale and Chelsea. "China? There was a little something, although nothing serious. I'd be a liar if I said money didn't interest me. I am 30," Nainggolan said. "However, the truth is that in the past, I rejected important offers. Two years ago I could've gone to Chelsea and earn more, but for me it's not all about money." (Il Tempo)
Juventus midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah has agreed a three-year deal with Internazionale and will join the Nerazzurri on a free transfer this summer. The Ghanaian midfielder, 29, is out of contract in Turin and will find further competition for his place if Juventus transfer target Emre Can joins from Liverpool. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Napoli will return to raid Sassuolo for star men Domenico Berardi and Matteo Politano this summer after previously failing with moves for the duo. The club have been unsuccessful on more than one occasion previously but will return to the Sassuolo this summer with an improved offer which includes Colombian forward Duvan Zapata in exchange. (Corriere dello Sera)
Milan coach Gennaro Gattuso is set to be rewarded with a new contract after impressing the Rossoneri hierarchy. If there is not an announcement today, the news should come after Easter. Milan sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli said: "The renewal of Gattuso will be our gift in the Easter egg." (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Bayern Munich and Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer stepped up his recovery from a foot injury by indulging in some light running in training yesterday. The 32-year-old has not played since August with a broken foot but is working to recover in time for this summer's World Cup. (Bild)
Atletico Madrid have joined the lengthy list of suitors for Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno. The 26-year-old is a Napoli and Arsenal transfer target. Now Atleti, who are making plans for life without current No 1 Jan Oblak, are also keen. (Kicker)
Former Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel has emerged as the new frontrunner to replace Unai Emery at Paris Saint-Germain. Regaining the Ligue 1 title will not be enough to keep Emery in a job beyond the end of the season following PSG's dismal Champions League exit at the hands of Real Madrid and Tuchel, who was sacked by BVB at the end of last season, will go toe to toe with Germany coach Joachim Low to replace the Spaniard. (L'Equipe)