Sunday 12 July 2015 12:27, UK
Orlando City remain hopeful of signing Javier Hernandez and say talks for the Manchester United striker are ongoing.
Negotiations to sign Hernandez reportedly stalled last week due to United’s asking price and the Mexico forward’s wage demands.
However, the MLS club’s owner, Flavio Augusto da Silva, told reporters during half-time of Saturday's 2-0 defeat to FC Dallas, that he retains hope of bringing Hernandez to Florida.
"Regarding Chicharito, of course he's a great player that every club in the world would love to have and we'd love the chance to have him," said Da Silva said in the Orlando Sentinel.
"Right now we don't have anything done, and you know during the process of negotiations - where many clubs have interest, including us, because why not - the less we talk about it the better. So we'll see if there is a possibility and then we'll move forward."
"We hope in one or two weeks to be ready to talk about Chicharito in a different way."
Hernandez, who has scored 59 goals in 154 outings for United, is currently recovering from surgery on a fractured collarbone.
The 27-year-old spent last season on loan with Real Madrid but failed to win a permanent deal despite scoring nine goals in 33 matches.
“I want to join a team where I can play and get minutes,” Hernandez said recently.
“If I can do that at Manchester United or another club, I’ll be happy. First-team football is my priority over anything else.”
Hernandez has also been linked with Sevilla, Juventus and Inter Milan, while the Sunday Express claimed he was set to become the first player in almost half a century to leave Old Trafford for bitter rivals Liverpool.