Thursday 31 January 2019 15:15, UK
Bayern Munich appear to have ruled out signing Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi this transfer window.
Hudson-Odoi handed in a transfer request - which Chelsea rejected - to force through a move to the German champions after they failed with four bids for the 18-year-old - the latest worth £35m.
Chelsea have maintained throughout the window that they want to keep Hudson-Odoi, despite their academy product turning down a new £85,000-a-week contract.
Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic confirmed the club's interest in Hudson-Odoi earlier in the month.
But, speaking at a news conference on Thursday, Bayern coach Niko Kovac said there was "nothing more happening" on the transfers front.
Kovac said: ""That other clubs don't want their good players to leave is for sure.
"We have a big squad now, almost all of the players are fit again. Franck and Arjen have been training, so I have to leave one, two at home anyway. That's why it does not make sense for us to get three or four more players.
"We've got a great team, great players and we will use those players until the end of the season."
Sky Sports News understand Bayern will resume their pursuit of Hudson-Odoi in the summer.
Meanwhile, Hudson-Odoi sees his future away from Chelsea and is understood to be keen on securing a move to the Bundesliga club.
Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri said on Tuesday the club were unlikely to change their stance in the summer regarding the sale of Hudson Odoi, who is out of contract in June 2020.
He said: "The club told me he's out of the market for sure and probably he will be out of the market in July. He's improving. I think he'll be the future of our club. He will be the future of English football."