Slaven Bilic's position as West Ham United manager is under review after their latest defeat at Newcastle United, according to Sky sources.
The club's owners David Sullivan and David Gold have stood by previous managers but Sky Sports News understands they are considering dismissing Bilic after losing all three of their opening Premier League games this season.
A senior source at the Hammers has told Sky Sports News that the team's performance in a 3-0 defeat at St James' Park on Saturday was totally unacceptable and the board were very worried by what they saw.
Sky Sports News has been told "no decision has been made yet" over whether to keep Bilic or to dismiss him with the international break coming up, but "there will be in the next few days".
West Ham's owners had stood by Bilic after a disappointing campaign last season and backed him in the transfer market this summer by committing funds players such as Joe Hart and Javier Hernandez.
But they are now worried that the Croatian will not be able to get the best out of the squad they have assembled.
Bilic has one year left on his contract and talks about extending his deal were cancelled earlier this year after a series of poor results.
West Ham's owners are big admirers of Rafael Benitez, whose own future at Newcastle is uncertain. The Spaniard has recently expressed discontent at the club's activity in the transfer market.
Benitez was hours away from becoming West Ham's manager when they appointed Bilic two years ago but he was offered the Real Madrid job at the last minute.
Sky Sports News understands Benitez has a release clause in his Newcastle contract that is more than £5million.