Bournemouth want to keep 'best player' Callum Wilson, says Eddie Howe
Bournemouth play Everton live on Sky Sports from 1pm on Sunday
Last Updated: 09/01/19 8:27pm
Eddie Howe maintains Bournemouth have no interest in selling Callum Wilson, despite reports Chelsea could be prepared to pay up to £50m for the England striker.
Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri's first-choice preference to add firepower to his squad is thought to be Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain, who is currently on loan at AC Milan.
Bournemouth last week snapped up Dominic Solanke from Liverpool but despite the England U21 striker's signing, Howe has indicated Wilson still remains central to his plans for the future.
"I think it is a huge compliment to the player involved," Howe said to SSN about Chelsea's ongoing interest in 26-year-old Wilson.
"But with all the rumours, there is no point in me thinking about these different situations until we have something to answer.
"From our perspective, we don't want to sell anybody this window that we don't want to.
"We want to continue to take the club forward and the team forward, and to do that, we've got to keep our best players."