Guti and Fernando Gago will not be leaving Real Madrid in January, according to agent Zoran Vekic.
Guti and Gago speculation played down
Real Madrid midfield duo Guti and Fernando Gago will not be leaving Santiago Bernabeu in January, according to agent Zoran Vekic.
Real stalwart Guti has been linked with a possible switch to Inter Milan, where he could link up with former team-mate Wesley Sneijder and ex-Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o.
Argentina international Gago is reported to be concerned about his World Cup place as he is struggling to force his way into Manuel Pellegrini's first XI.
But Vekic, who represents both players alongside his partner Marcello Lombilla, does not believe there is any truth in the rumours over the duo and rejected suggestions of imminent talks with Inter over Guti.
He told calciomercato.it
: "I can categorically deny the presence of representatives of Inter in Madrid in the coming days. There will be no meetings.
"The only thing I know about Inter is that Eto'o and Sneijder, his great friends, have said 'Why don't you come here? It would be nice to have you with us', but nothing more. Just talk with friends.
"This is the 14th year that Guti plays for Real Madrid and 'Marca' speaks of him as 'Blanco perfecto', so I think the best thing for him is to remain in Madrid."
Gago has been linked with possible moves to Fiorentina and Boca Juniors, but Vekic revealed recent discussions had been held to reassure the South American that he still had a future in Madrid.
He said: "Real has spoken directly with the player after the match with Barcelona and said they count on him.
"In January, there will be the African Cup of Nations (Mahamadou Diarra will take part) and Lassana Diarra was sent off last Sunday, so Fernando will have his opportunities.
"It's too early to say with confidence that Gago will stay at Real, but both the club and the coach spoke with Gago, renewing confidence in him.
"So I think it's hard that they will consider deals for him in January."