Ernesto Valverde says his future as Barcelona head coach will not be decided until the end of the season.
Valverde won the double last year, La Liga and the Copa del Rey, and his side are currently three points clear at the top of the table after 17 games and have reached the last 16 of the Champions League, where they will play Lyon.
But the coach sparked speculation about his future last week by saying in an interview with Barca's official TV channel that he did not know where he would be next season.
Speaking at a news conference ahead of Barcelona's trip to Getafe on Sunday, Valverde sought to clarify his future.
"I have a contract with the club which was two years plus an option and at the end of the season we have to decide whether I continue or not," he said.
"We will postpone that decision for further down the line, depending on how the season goes."
Hasselbaink: LVG sack cost me Barca move
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has revealed he was denied a move from Chelsea to Barcelona when Louis van Gaal was sacked by the Spanish club in 2003
Despite his impressive domestic record since taking charge of the club in June 2017, Valverde does not have the same resounding backing of Barcelona supporters which predecessors such as Pep Guardiola and Luis Enrique had.
He also came in for fierce criticism for the team's shock elimination from the Champions League to AS Roma in the quarter-finals last season after squandering a 4-1 first-leg lead.
"We are not yet halfway through the season but if things go well I'd be happy to stay, although it's not only my decision," added Valverde.
"We all know how management works. If you don't win things, as has happened before, people start to call for your head. But I feel good here, as I have since the start."