Friday 10 April 2020 07:03, UK
Lionel Messi has branded reports linking him with a move to Inter Milan as "fake news".
The Barcelona forward took to social media to rubbish more speculation over his future at the club, which also linked him with former side Newell's Old Boys in Argentina.
Messi posted "lie number one" and "lie number two" over a screengrab of a tweet by TNT Sports, which also questioned whether Messi paid the bail money for former Barca team-mate Ronaldinho to be released from prison in Paraguay.
He added: "What they said in this same media about Newell's a few weeks ago was also false. Thank goodness that nobody believes them."
The 32-year-old is said to be increasingly frustrated at the volume of misinformation being reported about his future.
He has disagreed with members of the Barca hierarchy in recent months, but Sky Sports News exclusively reported in February that he will stay at the club at least until the end of his current contract in 2021.
Barca also want to sit down and discuss an extension with the Argentina forward in the coming months, but the club have more pressing issues at hand - chiefly the ongoing financial consequences of the coronavirus pandemic.
Due to the club's structure, with professional teams in basketball, handball and hockey, the shortfall brought on by sports' postponement has hit the Catalonians particularly hard.
Captain Messi announced last month that he and his team-mates had agreed to take a 70 per cent pay cut to help secure the club's financial stability, while also issuing another dig at directors for suggesting the squad had been reluctant to do so.