Antonio Conte says there is '60 per cent chance' he will coach in Italy next year
By Tommaso Fiore
Last Updated: 06/05/19 4:10pm
Antonio Conte says he is likely to return to management in the summer, with "a 60 per cent chance" he will take up a job in Italy.
The 49-year-old took a break in his coaching career following his acrimonious departure from Chelsea last July, which prompted a financial dispute around his severance package.
Conte has been linked with jobs at various European clubs this season - including the managerial position at Roma - and admitted it is likely his next job will be in his native country.
"There's a good chance [I'll coach in Italy], as well as abroad," he told Italian TV channel Italia 1. "But there's also a chance I will stay put. My priority is to get a job at a club that will allow me to fight for titles.
"There's a 60 per cent chance I'll stay in Italy, 30 per cent chance I'll go abroad and 10 per cent chance I'll carry on waiting."
Conte sat through a lie detector test on Italian TV programme Le Iene and was quizzed about a possible future at clubs such as Juventus, Inter, Roma, AC Milan and Paris Saint-Germain - but he denied talks were already underway.
"I can't say if I will coach any of these teams because at the minute there's nothing," he said. "Personally I haven't heard from any club, it's a bit early."
Conte listed Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante as one of the best players he ever coached, alongside Juventus stalwarts Gianluigi Buffon, Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Pirlo.