Wolves vs Chelsea preview
Watch match highlights from 5.15pm on skysports.com and Sky Sports app
Last Updated: 13/09/19 4:48pm
Team news, key stats and predictions ahead of Wolves vs Chelsea in the Premier League
Wolves will be without suspended defender Willy Boly when they mark 130 years of playing at Molineux against Chelsea. Boly was sent off in the defeat at Everton before the international break and he must serve a one-match ban. However, Romain Saiss and Matt Doherty will both be available.
Saiss is fit despite returning early from international duty with Morocco and is in contention to replace Boly along with Jesus Vallejo. Doherty could be involved even though he has been nursing a knee problem and underwent a small operation recently.
Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard will welcome back Antonio Rudiger. The Germany international has been out since April with a knee injury. Pedro has recovered from a hamstring issue and will be available, while Mateo Kovacic is also fit for Lampard's side. N'Golo Kante (ankle) remains sidelined.
How to watch
Follow the action with our dedicated live blog. Highlights of the game will be published at 5.15pm on the Sky Sports website and app plus the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel.
- Wolves remained unbeaten in their two Premier League meetings with Chelsea last season (W1 D1), having lost seven of their first eight games against them in the competition (W1).
- None of the last 13 top-flight meetings between Wolves and Chelsea at Molineux have ended level, with Chelsea winning six of those (L7). Indeed, the Blues have won five of the last seven, though Wolves have won two of the last three.
- Wolves have won more games than any other Premier League team in all competitions in 2019-20 (six) despite failing to win any of their first four league games of the season (W0 D3 L1), winning all six of their Europa League qualifying matches.
- Wolves are the only Premier League team yet to lead for a single minute in a game so far this season, while only Norwich (187) have trailed for more minutes (182).
- Chelsea midfielder Jorginho has started more open-play sequences ending in a shot (11) than any other player in the Premier League this season.
- All three of Chelsea's away Premier League wins in 2019 have been against newly-promoted teams - in eight matches against teams who aren't newly-promoted, they've won none, drawn two and lost six of eight games, scoring only once and conceding 21 times.
Charlie Nicholas' prediction
There are loads of people this weekend that will be editing their predictions. They will be checking teams and seeing who is fit and who could be the potential match-winner. It will be like that because of the guaranteed jackpot. Jeff must pay out again!
Wolves do well against the big teams. Tammy Abraham has been in form and Mason Mount has been spectacularly good. Chelsea are still vulnerable at the back and will be threatened by Diogo Jota and Raul Jimenez up front. I see Wolves beating Chelsea this weekend, and Wolves are the team, as many people that are talking about Leicester, that could definitely override the top-six trend.
CHARLIE PREDICTS: 2-1 (12/1 with Sky Bet)
Fantasy Football tip
Mason Mount (£7.3m) has already registered 27 Fantasy Football points this campaign and has subsequently earned an England call-up. If you fancy goals in this clash, Raul Jimenez (£10.6m) and Diogo Jota (£8.3m) could be shrewd choices. Play Fantasy Football here.