Team news and stats ahead of Crystal Palace vs Southampton on the opening weekend of the Premier League on Saturday (kick-off 3pm).
- Watch 207 live PL games - get Sky Sports & BT Sport for £40 p/m
- Live on Sky Sports: Six games on opening weekend
- 146 Premier League games to be shown live on Sky Sports
- Premier League 2020/21: What we know
Crystal Palace could hand a debut to new signing Ebere Eze when Southampton visit on Saturday for the Premier League opener, but the Eagles will be missing several other players.
The former QPR attacker has returned to training after a groin injury and while he is lacking match fitness, he will be part of the squad to face Saints alongside Michy Batshuayi, who joined on loan from Chelsea on Thursday.
Unfortunately for Roy Hodgson, he will be without Gary Cahill, James Tomkins, Mamadou Sakho (all hamstring), Patrick Van Aanholt (shoulder), Nathan Ferguson (knee), Christian Benteke (foot) and Connor Wickham (unspecified) for the clash. Scott Dann is also a doubt with a knock.
Southampton will be without Stuart Armstrong at Selhurst Park. The midfielder suffered a thigh injury on international duty with Scotland.
Defender Mohammed Salisu, a summer signing from Spanish side Real Valladolid, could make his Saints debut.
How to follow
Follow Crystal Palace vs Southampton in our dedicated live match blog. Highlights will also be published on the Sky Sports digital platforms and the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
- Get Sky Sports
- Get NOW TV - save more than 25%
- 146 Premier League games live on Sky Sports
- Live football on Sky Sports this week
Watch the Premier League live on Sky Sports
One hundred and forty-six Premier League games will be shown live on Sky Sports in the 2020/21 season, with an additional six matches added in September.
The Premier League has further increased the number of televised games this season from 200 to 231, with over half of the extra fixtures set to be shown live on Sky Sports.
Overall, Sky Sports will be showing 146 Premier League matches live throughout the 2020/21 season, continuing to bring you all the latest twists, turns and shocks at the home of the Premier League.
There will also be two additional midweek programmes - one will be played across the weeks commencing January 11 and 18 and the second will be in the week commencing May 10. All of these games will be broadcast live.
You can also follow the action with our dedicated live blogs on the Sky Sports website and app, and watch free match highlights from every game shortly after full time on our digital platforms and YouTube channel.
- Crystal Palace have won just three of their 22 Premier League matches against Southampton (D6 L13), with this the first time they've met on the opening day.
- Southampton have won their last three away Premier League visits to Crystal Palace without conceding a single goal; Saints have never won four consecutive away top-flight matches against an opponent.
- Although this is their first Premier League meeting on the opening day, Crystal Palace and Southampton did meet on MD1 in 2007-08 in the Championship, with the Eagles winning 4-1 at St. Mary's and James Scowcroft scoring a hat-trick.
- The home side hasn't won any of the last six Premier League meetings between Crystal Palace and Southampton (D2 L4). The hosts had won five in a row in this fixture prior to this run.
- In the six opening day Premier League matches when Crystal Palace have played at home, they are yet to win (D2 L4); their last top-flight win at home on opening day came back in 1971-72, winning 2-0 against Newcastle United.
- Among teams to have played in at least 10 Premier League seasons, Southampton have the worst win percentage on MD1 in the comeptition, winning just two out of 21 (9.5%).
- Crystal Palace have won fewer points than any other current Premier League side in 2020 (16 - W4 D4 L10), while Southampton have won 30 (W9 D3 L6), the sixth-best tally this calendar year.