Millwall vs Blackburn preview: Championship clash live on Sky Sports Football
Watch live on Sky Sports Football from 5.15pm on Saturday
Last Updated: 12/01/19 4:19pm
Millwall must do without back-up goalkeeper Ben Amos for the Sky Bet Championship match against Blackburn.
Amos, on loan from Bolton, is set for around six weeks of recovery from a chipped bone in his finger, so David Martin should provide cover for No 1 Jordan Archer.
Captain Shaun Hutchinson is stepping up his recovery from a gash to his shin so could be in contention again, while forward Lee Gregory (hamstring) continues his own rehabilitation. Aiden O'Brien and Tom Elliott are expected to again lead the attack as the Lions chase a fifth consecutive win in all competitions.
VOTE: EFL Goals of the Month
Watch and vote for your Championship, League One and League Two Goals of the Month from December here...
Blackburn could have defender Ryan Nyambe back in contention to start after his hamstring problem. Forward Joe Nuttall should be involved again having missed the Championship match against West Brom because of illness.
Midfielder Richie Smallwood is completing a three-match suspension, while Kasey Palmer was recalled by parent club Chelsea this week and then subsequently loaned out again to Bristol City, meaning both will not feature.
- Millwall have only beaten Blackburn once in their seven league meetings since the turn of the century (D3 L3), a 2-0 victory at Ewood Park back in November 2012.
- Blackburn have scored in each of their last eight league visits to Millwall, tasting defeat just the once in this run back in May 1991 (P8 W4 D3 L1).
- Millwall last won three straight home league games without conceding a single goal back in April last season, beating both Reading and Nottingham Forest 1-0 in their last two matches at the Den.
- Blackburn have lost five of their last seven Championship matches on the road (D2), as many losses as in their previous 18 such matches.
- Lee Gregory (10 - 7 goals, 3 assists), has now reached double figures for goal involvements in each of his three previous seasons for Millwall in the Championship, also doing so in 2014/15 (11) and 2017/18 (14).
- Charlie Mulgrew has scored 18 league goals from either penalties (nine) or direct free-kicks (nine) since his debut for Blackburn back in September 2016, more than any other player within England's top four tiers in that time.
Is it Millwall time? They tend to come strong in the second half of the season and they are climbing away from the relegation zone now. Whether they can push up towards the top six again like in the last campaign, though, remains to be seen.
Blackburn arrested a bit of a slump against West Brom on New Year's Day and then got a good result at Newcastle in the FA Cup. They will be feeling confident again and I have a feeling they could sneak all three points away from The Den.
David Prutton predicts: 1-2 (11/1 with Sky Bet)