Everton 'reject £30m Chelsea bid for John Stones'
Last Updated: 18/08/15 5:21pm
Everton have rejected a third bid of £30m from Chelsea for England defender John Stones, according to Sky sources.
The 21-year-old, who has four caps for England, is the subject of intense interest from the Blues, who have also had previous bids of £25m and £20m flatly turned down.
A senior official at Everton recently told Sky Sports News HQ that "the club have no intention of selling Stones and they have told Chelsea that twice".
And Toffees boss Roberto Martinez declared last week that Stones will not be sold in this window.
Martinez said: "I have said before the player is not for sale and that is the end of it.
What do Chelsea need?
Which positions must champions Chelsea strengthen before the transfer window closes?
"Our situation has been very clear from the beginning. We are not a selling club who will lose our best performers."
Chelsea are on the hunt for a new centre-half to join John Terry, Gary Cahill and Kurt Zouma in vying for a starting spot under Jose Mourinho.
Terry was controversially substituted at half-time during the Blues' 3-0 defeat at Manchester City on Super Sunday.
Stones joined Everton from Barnsley in 2013 and has made 56 appearances for the Merseyside club.
Watch Everton in Premier League action at home to Manchester City, live on Super Sunday from 3.30pm.