Wolfsburg braced for new Man City bid for Kevin De Bruyne
Last Updated: 16/08/15 8:34pm
Wolfsburg are expecting an improved offer from Manchester City for midfielder Kevin de Bruyne.
Sky sources reported last week that City had made a £47m bid for the 23-year-old Belgium international and skipper Vincent Kompany since admitted he would be a terrific acquisition for the early Premier League leaders.
Wolfsburg have denied receiving an official offer for the former Chelsea youngster but the club's sporting director Klaus Allofs said on Sunday that could change at any time.
De Bruyne started for Wolfsburg in their Bundesliga season-opening 2-1 win over Eintracht Frankfurt on Sunday.
"We do not want to sell him, but it is possible that there will be an offer in the next days," Allofs said.
"But all the same, we want to keep him in our squad. We want to build a strong team and Kevin is supposed to be a big part of it.
"Anything can happen in football. We are a club which has multiple preconditions in line to convince him to stay."