Team news, key stats and predictions ahead of Newcastle vs Manchester United in the Premier League.
Newcastle midfielder Isaac Hayden is suspended for the clash with Manchester United. Hayden was dismissed for a challenge on Leicester's Dennis Praet during last weekend's 5-0 drubbing at the King Power Stadium and begins a three-match ban.
However, head coach Steve Bruce could be boosted by the return of striker Dwight Gayle (calf), wing-back Jetro Willems (knee) and midfielder Jonjo Shelvey (hamstring), while defender Florian Lejeune (knee) is building up match fitness, leaving only winger Matt Ritchie (ankle) on the casualty list.
Paul Pogba, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Anthony Martial look set to be among Manchester United's absentees. Pogba (foot), Wan-Bissaka (illness) and Martial (thigh) were among those that missed Thursday's Europa League trip to AZ Alkmaar, with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer saying afterwards that there would "probably not" be any players returning on Sunday.
Defenders Luke Shaw, Phil Jones and Ashley Young were others to miss the 0-0 draw in Holland, where forward Jesse Lingard limped off with a hamstring issue that will need assessing.
Live Renault Super Sunday
How to watch
Newcastle vs Man Utd is live on Renault Super Sunday from 4pm; kick-off 4.30pm. Sky Sports customers can watch in-game clips in the live match blog on the Sky Sports website and app. Highlights will also be published on the Sky Sports digital platforms and the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
- Newcastle United have won three of their last 31 Premier League games against Manchester United (W3 D7 L21), losing both matches during the 2018-19 campaign.
- Manchester United have won 13 away Premier League games at Newcastle - they've only won more away at Aston Villa (15) and Everton (16).
- Only against Arsenal (29) have Newcastle lost more Premier League games than they have against Manchester United (28, level with Liverpool).
- Manchester United are winless in their last seven away league games (D3 L4) - they last had a longer run without a win on the road in the top-flight between February and September 1989 (11 games).
- Manchester United have failed to score more than once in any of their last seven Premier League away games (4 goals in total). In the four games in which they've scored, they've netted the first goal of the match but have failed to go on and win any of those (D3 L1).
- Newcastle United have failed to win any of their opening three Premier League home games. There have been just four occasions in top-flight league history where they've failed to be victorious in any of their first four games at St James' Park in a campaign, with two of those coming in the last five years (1898-99, 1905-06, 2015-16 and 2018-19).
- Newcastle boss Steve Bruce is set to take charge of his 400th game as manager in the Premier League (W111 D111 L177) - he has the lowest win percentage among managers with at least 300 games in the competition (27.8%).
- Newcastle manager Steve Bruce has managed more Premier League games against Man Utd without winning (21 - W0 D5 L16) than any manager has against an opponent in the competition's history.
Steve Bruce goes up against his old team - it is an intriguing one. The last time Newcastle were at home, they were dreadful. You have to give the fans something at home, they are an amazing bunch of supporters. Manchester United are sitting in 10th with two wins in seven, scrambling for points at home. There is a lot of demands in place but Solskjaer has his plan for the youth and the club. His vision will take time. One week, Newcastle will surprise everybody, and this may be this week. If they hit them and are aggressive, they can shock Manchester United.
CHARLIE PREDICTS: 2-1 (14/1 with Sky Bet)
Fantasy Football tip
This is a difficult game to dissect, especially when it comes to Fantasy Football. Both sides are not showing much and so it is safer to go with either Harry Maguire (£8.9m) or Victor Lindelof (£8.7m). They will be up against a Newcastle attack who has scored just four times this year, the joint-lowest in the Premier League. Who will you pick? Play Fantasy Football here.