Chelsea transfer news and rumours
Last Updated: 05/06/20 7:56am
The latest transfer news and gossip on the players linked with Chelsea - and those who could leave the club.
The latest players linked with a move to Chelsea…
Timo Werner - Chelsea have agreed a deal in principle to sign Timo Werner from RB Leipzig. (Sky Sports, June 5) Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United have 12 days to trigger Timo Werner's release clause if they want to sign him for less than £50m. The Germany international striker's €55m (£49m) release clause at RB Leipzig runs out on Monday, June 15 (Sky Sports, June 3)
Chelsea are considering switching their attentions to signing RB Leipzig striker Werner if the Germany international indicates a willingness to move (ESPN, June 2); Antonio Rudiger is trying to convince Werner to join Chelsea ahead of his other suitors (Bild, May 30); Werner's agent has told Chelsea and Manchester United he will snub them in favour of joining Liverpool (Sunday World, May 17).
Chelsea and Manchester United have entered talks with Werner's agent (Bild, May 5); Werner irked Bayern Munich supremo Karl-Heinz Rummenigge after the Chelsea target insisted he would prefer to move elsewhere than Bavaria (Daily Mirror, May 14)
Ben Chilwell - Chilwell is tempted by a huge move to Chelsea later this summer but has not yet demanded to quit Leicester (Daily Mirror, June 5)
Jadon Sancho - Real Madrid have entered the race for Manchester United and Chelsea target Jadon Sancho, according to reports (Daily Mail, June 3)
Federico Bernardeschi - Juventus winger Bernardeschi is eyeing a move to the Premier League this summer with Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal all monitoring the situation (Gazzetta dello Sport, June 1)
Philippe Coutinho - Chelsea could snap up Coutinho on loan as Barcelona face up to the possibility of not being able to sell the Brazilian this summer (Daily Express, May 31)
Jesus Corona - Chelsea have held initial talks with the Porto winger over a summer move, according to the star's agent (The Sun, May 30)
Said Benrahma - Chelsea have made a shock move for Brentford's tricky Algerian winger Benrahma (The Sun, May 28)
Roman Burki - Chelsea are lining up a £15m move for Borussia Dortmund keeper Burki (The Sun, May 28)
Nicolas Tagliafico - Reported Chelsea and Arsenal target Tagliafico's agent has confirmed his client is set to leave Ajax (Daily Star, May 27)
Other players recently linked with a move to Stamford Bridge...
- Andre Onana (Sunday Express, May 24)
- Kaan Kurt (The Sun, May 23)
- Kai Havertz (CalcioMercato, May 20)
- Lamare Bogarde (Football Insider, May 17)
- Jeremie Boga (Daily Express, May 16)
- Miralem Pjanic (Metro, May 14)
- Angel Gomes (Daily Mirror, May 14)
- Dries Mertens (Daily Express, May 11)
- Declan Rice (Daily Mirror, May 11)
- Moussa Dembele (Daily Star, May 11)
- Thomas Meunier (Sunday Express, May 10)
- Boubacar Kamara (Le 10 Sport, May 5)
- Max Bird (Football Insider, May 5)
- Orkun Kokcu (Daily Express, May 5)
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Daily Star, May 4)
- Houssem Aouar (Football.London, April 28)
- Ben Chilwell (The Sun, April 23; Star, April 21)
- Mohamed Sankoh (Goal, April 23)
- Kays Ruiz-Atil (L'Equipe, April 29)
- Luca Waldschmidt (The Sun On Sunday, April 19)
- Gabriel Magalhaes (ESPN, April 18)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (Daily Star, April 22)
- Arkadiusz Milik (Daily Star, April 22)
- Alex Telles (Daily Star, April 13)
- Matt Targett (90min.com, April 11)
- Gabriel Magalhaes (ESPN, April 11)
- Manuel Neuer (The Sun, April 9)
- Calum Kavanagh (WalesOnline, April 6).
- Robin Gosens (CalcioMercarto, April 6).
- Achraf Hakimi (Diario Sport, April 5; Daily Star, April 14)
- Samuel Umtiti (Daily Mirror, April 1; Daily Express, April 3)
The latest players linked with a Chelsea exit...
Willian - Willian remains in contract talks with Chelsea, despite rumours over a possible exit (Sky Sports News, June 1), while Real Madrid have rejected the chance to sign Willian on a free transfer (Daily Mirror, June 2).
PSG are to battle with Arsenal and Tottenham over the Chelsea winger (Le10Sport, May 30); Tottenham and Arsenal are both planning for a summer in which they will not be able to spend any money, as they compete over the free transfer signing of Willian (Daily Telegraph, May 27); The Brazilian has made his clearest indication yet that his time at Chelsea is coming to an end after conceding the club will not change their mind on their contract offer (Daily Mirror, May 23)
Jorginho - Chelsea have been offered three Juventus players by Maurizio Sarri as the Italian seeks a reunion with Jorginho this summer (Daily Express, May 31)
Chelsea could offload Jorginho this summer if the right offer comes in, claims his agent Joao Santos (Daily Mirror, May 29); Jorginho's agent has added to previous comments about his future, saying, "If an important team gives him a call, well, why not?" in response to reported interest from Juventus (Tuttosport, May 26).
Jorginho's agent Santos said "any player would like to play" for Juventus amid links with a move back to Italy (Goal, May 21); Juventus have reportedly contacted Chelsea about the possibility of signing midfielder Jorginho (The National, May 7); Chelsea have demanded at least £58m for Jorginho should Juventus firm up their interest. (Daily Star, May 18)
Tiemoue Bakayoko - West Ham want to sign £40m Chelsea flop Bakayoko on a season-long loan (The Sun, May 28)
Ross Barkley - Suitors Newcastle have serious issues in convincing Chelsea man Barkley, who is settled at Stamford Bridge, to join the club (Football Insider, May 26).
Other players linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge...
- Kepa Arrizabalaga (Sunday Express, May 24; Daily Express, May 22).
- Emerson Palmieri (Daily Express, May 16)
- Charlie Webster (Daily Telegraph, May 12)
- Tiemoue Bakayoko (Calciomercato, May 8; France Football, May 3)
- N'Golo Kante (Bleacher Report, May 5).
- Michy Batshuayi (The Sun, May 1)
- Pedro (Corriere dello Sport, April 30; Daily Mirror, April 10; Daily Star, April 7)
- Emerson Palmieri (Gazzetta dello Sport, March 24)
- Ethan Ampadu (Daily Express, March 18)
The latest Chelsea contract talk…
Jorginho - The midfielder's agent says they will enter talks about a contract renewal with Chelsea after there were rumours he would follow former manager Maurizio Sarri to Juventus (Calciomercato, April 22)
Super 6: Bayern To Stay Ruthless?
Do not miss your chance to land the £50,000 jackpot on Saturday. Play for free, entries by 2:30pm.